Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® > FAQs > Motor Vehicle Accident FAQs

Motor Vehicle Accident FAQs

Do I have to file a claim in order to obtain compensation for my injuries following a car accident?

No. It is entirely possible that the responsible party’s insurance company will offer you a settlement that you and your lawyer feels is adequate compensation for your injuries. However, many insurance companies want to get away with paying as few damages as possible. Often, it is in your best interest to have a motor vehicle attorney file a claim for you.

The Madison motor vehicle lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. will support you every step of the way, whether you choose to accept an insurance company’s offer or not. Contact us today at 800-242-2874 to find out how we can help you.

[ back to top ]

Can I still receive compensation if I’m partially at fault for the accident?

Yes. According to comparative negligence, a provision of tort law, a person may receive a percentage of financial recompense as long as they are found to be less than fifty percent at fault. In these types of cases, the court or another qualified party will determine the percentage of the accident that was the other party’s fault and then award you compensation equivalent to that percentage.

Cases in which comparative negligence plays a part can be more difficult, which is why you need a highly skilled Madison motor vehicle lawyer from Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. preparing your case. Contact us at 800-242-2874 today to discuss if you are eligible to receive compensation.

[ back to top ]

What damages may I be able to obtain following a motor vehicle accident?

In the event that another person causes your injuries through their own negligence, you may able to hold them accountable for the following damages: medical bills for, vehicle and other property repair, lost wages, emotional trauma, and more.

When you enlist the services of a Madison motor vehicle attorney from Habush Habush & Rottier S.C., you are giving yourself the best chance at obtaining the full amount of compensation which you may be due. Contact us today at 800-242-2874 to speak with a qualified lawyer today about your case.

[ back to top ]

Share Your Story with Us

If you or a loved one have been injured by a motor vehicle accident, please contact the Madison personal injury lawyers today for help. Call us at 800-242-2874 to discover more about your legal options.

Learn more about your rights regarding motor vehicle accidents on our motor vehicle accident practice area page.