Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® > FAQs > Injuries on Property FAQs

Slip and Fall FAQs

What kinds of slip and fall accidents can I obtain compensation for?

Millions of people slip and fall each year in the United States, but not every one of these accidents qualifies a person for a premises liability lawsuit. It is only in instances where another party, such as a property owner, property manager, or maintenance team, created an unsafe environment or failed to take action to rectify an unsafe environment that an injured person can file a claim.

If you are uncertain whether or not you may be eligible to file a premises liability claim for your slip and fall accident, call 800-242-2874 to receive a free case evaluation from the knowledgeable Madison premises liability attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. We can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.

[ back to top ]

Why do I need a lawyer to represent me in a premises liability case?

In premises liability cases, a person being accused of responsibility for another person’s injury will often claim that they had no prior knowledge of the danger. Without this knowledge, a person cannot usually be held liable for the injuries and damages caused to another person while on their property. Therefore, a person filing a claim for premises liability should reasonably expect to have to prove to a certain extent that the responsible party knew about the situation.

The Madison premises liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. have the knowledge and experience necessary to prove these types of accusations. Contact us at 800-242-2874 today to speak with a lawyer committed to helping you.

[ back to top ]

Why is it important that I act quickly to file a premises liability claim?

According to Wisconsin state law and the statute of limitations, a person must file a claim against another party within three years of the incident in which injuries were sustained in order to be eligible for compensation. If you fail to file your claim within this time period, you will no longer be able to pursue the compensation you deserve. For this reason, it is important to consult a qualified premises liability lawyer as soon as possible.

At Habush Habush & Rottier S.C., our Madison premises liability attorneys can help you understand the many legal intricacies applicable to your case and help you pursue compensation for the damages done to you. Contact our experienced legal team at 800-242-2874 today.

[ back to top ]

Share Your Story with Us

If you or a loved one have been injured on personal property, please contact the Madison personal injury lawyers today for help. Call us at 800-242-2874 to discover more about your legal options.

Learn more about injuries on property on our injuries on property (slips and falls) practice area page.