Mars Chocolate North America issued a large voluntary recall after a Snickers candy bar was found in a bag of their Dove Chocolate Snowflakes by a customer. The risk of finding unexpected candy in bags poses a serious threat to people with peanut allergies who may have reactions to even minimal exposure to their allergens.
Over 6,700 bags of the chocolate are being pulled off store shelves for fear that they have not only been mixed with Snickers, but Milky Way or Twix pieces as well. The company stated these bags may affect people with deadly peanut allergies as well as milk, wheat, or egg allergies. The affected bags were sold in Walmart stores across 35 states from September 19 to December 1. Mars is encouraging customers who have concerns to return their bags for a full refund.
When a manufacturer makes a mistake such as this, consumers may suffer serious consequences. At Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.®, our product liability attorneys work to ensure that victims of production negligence are not left to deal with these consequences on their own. To speak to an attorney about your situation today, call (800) 242-2874 now.