One woman is dead and four people were rescued after a deadly fire broke out in a New York residence. Linda Moser, 56, perished in the fire, which officials believe began around 5:30 p.m. on Monday. Autopsy results show that Moser died of smoke inhalation.
Firefighters are still unsure of how the fire started, but they believe it began in Moser's residence. It took firefighters about two hours to get the fire under control.
Moser lived in the first floor of the three-unit apartment home. Several other occupants, including a couple with a baby, were trapped in the upstairs units and had to be rescued by firefighters. The family was transported to an area hospital, where they were examined and later released.
Deadly fires like this one are all too common. Sadly, they are often the result of carelessness or negligence. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a fire like this one, contact the Madison personal injury attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 to schedule a consultation.