Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® > Blog > Product Liability > Defective dehumidifier causes Green Bay house fire

Defective dehumidifier causes Green Bay house fire

Posted under Product Liability

Authorities have identified a defective dehumidifier as the cause of a fire that caused serious damage to a house in Green Bay on December 21. According to reports, no one suffered injuries in the fire that broke out in the basement of a house in the 300 block of Bader Street. One person was inside the home when the fire broke out, but that individual was able to safely escape after being warned of the flames by a smoke detector.

Information coming from Lieutenant Nick Craig revealed the estimated damage caused by the fire was $70,000. Though authorities are certain the fire was caused by a faulty dehumidifier, the product was too badly damaged for inspectors to determine whether it was one of the models included in Gree Electronics’ massive recall.

House fires are among the most dangerous and disastrous situations that can befall homeowners. Thankfully, no one suffered injuries in this recent house fire; however, the lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® in Madison have represented clients who have suffered great loss due to fires. That’s why we work to pursue compensation for victims of negligent manufacturers who sell defective products such as these dehumidifiers. To discuss your case with our attorneys today, call (800) 242-2874 now.