After several people were confirmed to be sick with salmonella poisoning, Kenosha health authorities announced they were investigating the outbreak, a WISN article stated on May 19.
Mark Melotick of the Kenosha County Health Department said over 20 individuals have already complained of illnesses caused by salmonella bacteria. Reports revealed that the sickened people had consumed pork carnitas bought from Los Corrales supermarket. A couple stated that their family suffered from extreme illness, and their children experienced diarrhea and vomiting. Another resident also claimed that their whole family fell ill the day after eating pork carnitas. State officials are assisting local health authorities in their investigation.
Many people suffer from serious illnesses after consuming contaminated food products available at the market. Salmonella contamination often results due to unsafe or unsanitary food processing. If you have been affected by food poisoning, call the attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® at (800) 242-2874 today.