Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® > Blog > Wrongful death > Charging phone fatally shocked sleeping teen

Charging phone fatally shocked sleeping teen

Posted under Wrongful death

A teenager in China was killed after the iPhone 4s beside her apparently electrocuted her, the New York Daily News reported on July 31.

Reports said an 18-year-old girl whose name was withheld was sleeping in her bedroom with her iPhone charging beside her. The victim’s older sister later noticed a burning smell and entered her sister’s bedroom. The girl was seen lying on the bed next to her iPhone with a broken screen. Responding experts of the Forensic Science Association of China stated that the victim suffered from burns on her body due to electrocution. Despite the reports of her condition, it is unknown what phone charger she was using at the time.

This is one extreme example of a dangerous product, a problem that often results in injury and even death for victims. The attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C.® know the devastation that can result from an accident like this, and we fight tirelessly on behalf of our clients to recover the financial compensation they need for medical expenses, funerary costs, and other damages. If you or a loved one has experienced an injury from a dangerous or defective product in Madison, call our offices at (800) 242-2874 today to learn how we may help you hold negligent parties accountable.